Sunday, September 6, 2009

First Post

Hi guys, this is my first post so be nice. I'm a bit nervous losing my blogging virginity. I'd never thought it would come to this but here we go. 

Its 2 months from my final english exam and I thought if I start blogging my English proficiency will magically increase to A+ levels. What was that? I'm in denial?

Anyways I think i should have a little introduction of myself. 

Hobbies and Interests:

1. Music. In terms of genres believe I am quite open minded, I love listening to alternative, progressive, some metal, some pop, some country, instrumental, classical rock, classical, orchestral music and jazz. Basically anything that sounds good. Which means not all that screamo crap and rap/hip hop bullshit that gets released these days by those non talented blah blah blah....

Fav bands and artists include Tommy Emmanuel, Nightwish, Dreamtheater, Fourplay, Hanz Zimmer, Craig Armstrong, The Fray, U2, Oasis, RHCP, Nobuo Uematsu and Michael Jackson (rip). Don't judge me. 

I also play the guitar just well enough to get laid. Apparently most girls lose control by the second verse of Wonderwall. lol just joking, but not really. I mostly play my trusty Yamaha steel stringed acoustic but i occasionally whip out the Les Paul for a few licks and solos. I might post a few videos later on. 

2. Sports. I love playing football (as in the spherical ball variety, sorry AFL people). Ill prob get back into to it full on after year 12. Pretending to know how to play tennis is also fun. I also try keep fit by running and working out. But I'm getting old so yeah. 

3. Science, Mathematics, Philosophy and Religion

Woot go science and by science I mean physics and a bit of chemistry. Prob the only half certain thing in this world. Mathematics is also so definite and universal. Just beautiful. (P.S I know I'm a nerd and I'm proud of it) :)

In terms of philosophy I like reading up on Immanuel Kant, Taosim, Confucianism, Descartes etc. etc. It helps me rationalize and put the complex world we live in into some sort of perspective. 

As for religion, I find it fascinating. What makes people believe so wholeheartedly in a man/woman they have never met or at least seen on TV?

I only practice religion when getting my exam marks back or doing something important. lol that doesn't count does it? If i had to pin it down I would say I am agnostic. But I am open minded.

4. Thinking about Philosophy 

Yeah its trippy. But awesome. 

5. A bit of politics. As in the history aspect of it, not the daily mudslinging most modern politicians get up to.

As you can see I'm quite a simple person. Easily amused and pleased. Yet, also able to explore the great reaches of human imagination and wisdom (to a certain degree). 

Anyway I hope you have not left already or fell asleep. But yeah this is a brief intro of me and things to come. 


2 comments:

  1. well i'll start off the comments heh


    nice work....



    that's all lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. "As you can see I'm quite a simple person. Easily amused and pleased."

    I concur.

    teehee
    <3

    ReplyDelete